Nowadays, burning wood is no longer necessary to the extent it once was. Indeed, we can find more efficient, cleaner, elegant modern fireplaces, thanks to technological advances. These products offer all the benefits of wood-burning hearths. Moreover, they require less maintenance. You also have to take less effort to operate them. Therefore, they have been more and more popular today.
In this article, we will help you determine if gas fireplaces are safer than wood.
- It’s instant to turn on a gas fireplace. Also, it offers immediate gratification. It comes with a thermostat, the touch of a switch, as well as a remote control. Therefore, it is easy to get the fire started.
- These devices are efficient. They allow you to zone heat with them as long as you have these appliances installed throughout your house.
- They require less maintenance. They don’t require you to clean up ash or soot, while your gas fireplace continues safe operation.
- They may be used when the electricity goes out. They are sure to let you stay warm.
- They may be pricey if you have to install a gas line.
- The ceramic logs don’t have the full effect of a genuine fire.
- They offer the crackling logs as well as the woodsy aroma.
- They give you a means of staying warm even when the electricity goes out.
- You can use any firewood you want to burn.
- They require you to get firewood. At the same time, you need to store it to keep it dry until you burn it.
- It may be dangerous to leave a fire unattended in warm ashes since it may be re-sparked.
- They require annual maintenance.
- They may give you higher utility bills since the damper cannot close effectively.
Are Gas Fireplaces Safer than Wood?
Yes, a gas fireplace is safer than wood. Indeed, burning wood can lead to creosote to build up in the chimney with ease. As a result, it blocks the chimney. Also, there will be carbon monoxide built up in your house. It may also catch fire and burn down your house.
There is no build-up in the chimney caused by a gas fireplace. However, you need to install any gas system in a fireplace properly to prevent blowing up the house.
Gas Fireplaces are Cleaner and Greener
You can maintain gas fireplaces more quickly compared to wood-burning fireplaces. Moreover, a gas fireplace doesn’t offer shoveling ash and embers. Wood-burning fireplaces can cause atmospheric problems like acid rain and smog.
Gas Fireplaces offer Instant Ambiance.
Sometimes, it is frustrating to handle fussy timber when trying to begin a fire with wood. On the contrary, it is easier to operate gas fireplaces. Also, it will take less time compared to wood-burning fireplaces.
You can operate a gas fireplace just with the push of a button. Moreover, you will not get any muss. A gas fireplace also doesn’t offer any fuss.
Gas Fireplaces Are Versatile and Modern
You will satisfy with a modern gas fireplace because of its sleek elegance. It may be hard to decide where you can place your traditional masonry fireplaces since they require ventilation. On the contrary, a gas fireplace can circulate air up to 90 feet away from the device. Therefore, it offers a safer, cooler design.
Gas fireplaces are greener, safer, cleaner, and more elegant. They are ideal for the modern home. There are fewer safety risks you can get from gas fireplaces compared to wood-burning fireplaces.
Although you can get a pleasing aroma from wood-burning fireplaces, they can cause significant safety risks. If you are going for a safer choice, consider getting a gas fireplace.